Most likely not. Under still evolving Kentucky law, what you are probably seeking is a change in “parenting time” with your child. Under current Kentucky law, if the parent who may see his or her child every other weekend (called the “noncustodial parent”), wants to change the arrangement wherein the child lives in his or her household during the week (called the “custodial parent”), that parent is not necessarily seeking a change of custody. If the parent is not seeking to take away decision making authority from the other parent, then the parent seeking the change is not seeking a change of custody but a change in parenting time. The parent is seeking to replace the current parent as the “primary residential parent.”